Tuesday, September 14, 2004
1. Were you sad or psyched to send the kids back?: I guess a little of both. Brittany started kindergarten so I was a little sad. David started Middle school so I was excited for him.
2. Do your kids buy or bring there lunches?: My son hates school lunch. He always brings his lunch.
3. Do you let your daughter where make-up to school?: Not at that point in life yet.
4. What was your favorite year in school (ie: 1st grade/Senior Year)?: I would have to say my senior year since I know it was my last.
5. Did you love school as a child or despise it?: I enjoyed it more when I was in grade school.
This week has also been rather interesting. It seems my husband made friend with a stray cat that has been around our house for a couple of weeks. He has grown very attached and now so have I and the rest of the family. He is a male calico like my other two cats. The poor thing is so tattered looking and very skinny. He is missing the bottom right fang (tooth) don't know what happened there. He also has some trouble with his hind legs. I have never seen him run. So I don't know if he was in an accident, hit by a car or what. He spends 90% of the day on our doorstep and wants to come in so badly. We have been feeding him twice a day. He is so friendly, mellow and just seems to want some love and attention. He also needs a bath terribly. Alan and I talked and we decided that we would take him to Island Rescue in Bayshore on Wednesday to have him checked out. If all goes well we would like to have him in our home. I don't think any animal deserves to have been treated like the way this cat was treated. He deserves a home and a family to love him. I believe everything happens for a reason and I believe it was no mistake he showed up at our door. I only hope and pray he is ok. I also hope that my cats, Misty and Mandee are able to accept him into the home too. Any suggestions from anyone on how to do this would be appreciated. I know it will take alot of time to adjust. Anyways...David came up with a name for him. I don't know if it fits him or not just yet but right now it is "Dexter" Who knows maybe we'll change it but for now at least we're calling him something. Here is a few pictures taken tonight.
Thursday, September 9, 2004
Sorry for the lack of posting but it's been a busy 10 days. It was Kaylee's 4th birthday on Aug. 31st. We took her to White Post Farms and out to dinner for her birthday. She had a nice time. We went to Pottery Barn Kids and bought her a new quilt for her bed, the lamp shade, and some other deco stuff to go with it. She ended up loving the new anywhere chairs that Pottery Barn Kids has so I bought her one for her room. What is nice about those chairs is you can change the slipcover if you change the color of the room or the decor. She loves sitting in it and we call it her reading chair.
Also my camera was on the blink (mind you it was 4 years old) and very well used. So I finally bought the camera I was looking at the Kodak DX7590. It just came out. I couldn't find it in the stores yet but Dell had it and I had some coupons from them and ended up saving $90 off the regular price. I was happy. I just got the camera yesterday so maybe I'll get to play around with it today.
David and Brittany started school. David started middle school (6th grade). He said it is different but he likes it so far. Brittany and I went to her orientation to Kindergarten yesterday. She is so excited. Today is her first real day of school. So it's just me and Kaylee in the afternoons for a couple of hours. Can't believe Kaylee will be going to school next March. Time surely flies.
Well better get to cleaning and laundry.. Yippie!!
Here is Tuesday's (a couple of days late of course)
1. Favorite Animal?: I would say cats
2. What makes the best pet (kids don't count!)?: Cat's are pretty easy. Not high maintence.
3. If you were an animal what would you be?: Either a house cat or dog.
4. What are your Pet's Names?: I have 2 cats Misty and Mandee
5. Ever called your child a 'Monkey Butt' or another animal name?: No but my cousin Colleen calls my son "Pookie-Bear"
Here's Pictures of my Cats.....