Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Well I am back from Orlando, Florida. I know I wasn't able to post before I left but we were supposed to go to Palm Coast, Florida to visit my husbands aunt but the day before we were to leave she had called and asked us not to come. She was acting very weird. We were really upset because we were going to help her since she was just home from the hospital and had said she would like someone there for her. We were also upset because we had non-refundable tickets and only bought them because she told us to come. Anyways...Alan and I decided since we had the tickets already we would just go to Florida anyways and stay at the Universal Doubletree hotel and enjoy the weekend. We were a little nervous with the hurricane coming but were just hoping for the best.

We got to Orlando on Saturday morning checked into the hotel and went to a TNA wrestling meet and greet which my husband just loved since he is so into wrestling. He got to meet the wrestlers and get autographs. Saturday night we were tired so we just stayed in and relaxed and fell asleep early. Sunday we went to Universal Studios. We had a great time. The new Mummy ride was awsome. They were building that the last time we were there. We left the park at 4:oo and came back to the hotel to change and get ready for the TNA Wrestling Pay-Per-View which was being brodcasted from Universal and we picked up tickets for. I am not really into wrestling but I enjoyed going to the live event. Alot of the wrestlers were staying in the hotel we were in and my husband was so excited about passing them by in the hallways or seeing them in the hotel resturants. Monday, was the day of the hurricane which blew in around 5 am. It rained hard and was very windy. Most of the hurricane damage was in southern Florida so we were lucky to be in central Florida at the time. The storm blew through very quickly and the sun was back out shinning around noon. The theme parks closed for the day but City Walk at Universal opened at 5 p.m. so Alan and I headed down there and caught a movie "Doom" it was a gory movie...alot of action. Then we walked around for a while and went into some of the shops. My nephew loves Nascar so I went looking in the Nascar Cafe for some Jeff Gordon stuff for him. Then we decided to go over to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. It was pretty crowded but dinner was great! Tuesday was the busiest day for us. We got up at 6:00 am and packed up all our stuff and then went to Cracker Barel for breakfast. We went back to the hotel and checked out and had them hold our luggage so that we could go to the theme parks again since we didn't have to be to the airport till 4:30. We went to Island of Adventures and walked around and did the rides we love. It wasn't really too busy at all and were done with the park within an hour and a half. We have also been there so many times before so since we had the park hopper pass we went back next door to Univeral and went to the things we missed on Sunday. We finally also got to see the Fear Factor Live show. Watching someone dring a bug shake....ewww. I could never do that. Around 3:30 we started walking to the shuttle to get back to the hotel and got a car to take us to the airport. Our flight was ontime and we actually made great time getting home...a good tail wind. My sister picked us up at the airport and we were home by 10:30 p.m. The girls were of course alreay sleeping. It was good to be back home. My mom was so great staying with the kids and getting them to school while Alan and I were gone. She said they were good for her. She even went and bought and hung new blinds in Brittany's room which was a very nice surprise.

Today I am getting back into the swing of things again. I also took lots of pictures so I will try and get them up for you to see very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave me your comments below or just say "Hi" so I know you have visited and I can return the gesture! :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails