Sunday, November 20, 2005

Skin is Red Like A Sunburn

Well today was pretty quiet. Alan had to work and I am still in bed. I had a really bad episode last night where I coughed up such thick phlem in my throat that it got stuck and I couldn't breathe. I have to say that was one of the worst asthma attacks I have had. Not a good combo, asthma and pneumonia. So here I am hanging over the side of the bed gasping for air and Alan said my hands and nail beds were turning blue. I just motioned to him pound my back to see if it would open my airway. It started to help and finally I was able clear my throat. How scary that was and what a horrible feeling too. I don't ever want to do that. I ended up needing to take 2 nebulizer treatments to open me back up. Thank goodness I have this machine in the house or I would of been in the hospital doing it.

Then this afternoon I though I was feeling a little better. My parents stopped by on their way into Queens to see my grandma to see how I was doing and to drop off some things my mom picked up for me at BJ's yesterday. My Dad said he thought I looked better too. So when they left I just stayed in bed looked around on the computer a bit and then was watching some Lifetime movies. All of a sudden I just started to feel hot and flush again and very sleepy so I told my oldest David to keep and eye on his sisters and I was going to take a nap. I woke up at 6:30p.m. when Alan got home from work, he said I looked horrible I said I feel like I am burning up. He went and got me a drink and asked me if I wanted anything and I said no. I ended up getting up to go to the bathroom and when I passed the mirror in the bathroom I noticed my arms and neck were red like I had spent the day in the sun. Basically I looked sunburned. My arms and neck were hot when you touched them. I was about to call my mom (who is a nurse) but the phone had rang and it was her calling me. I told her what had happened and she said it was probably a reaction to the medicine I was taking and that I should make a call to the Dr. right away to see what I should do. I called my Dr. and he called right back and told me that he thought it may be a reaction to the antibiotic they gave me for the pneumonia Avelox 400mg. He told me to stop taking that right away and that he wanted me in his office by 8:15 a.m. to check me out. I swear if it's not one thing it's another. I have been really trying to be good and rest. I just want to wake up one morning and feel better. Guess I am just at that point where it's getting frustrating.

Well have to go. Were sitting here watching the NBC movie Poseidon Aventure. I have to take another nebulizer treatment and hopefully get a good nights sleep.

I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow.

Big Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave me your comments below or just say "Hi" so I know you have visited and I can return the gesture! :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails