Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Crazy Week!

46 degrees

Hello! Well as you can see I have changed my site once again. Hopefully I fixed all the links...have a few in the photo album to update.

Sorry once again for my lack of updates. The beginning of the year has been so very busy for me. My Aunt Tootsie's 70th birthday party was this past Saturday, Jan 7th at the Westbury Manor. For the last month I have been doing so much to help get ready for it. Gosh it sure was like planning a wedding. Doing the guestlist, getting the DJ, printing the invites and mailing them, ordering flowers, planning the seating, and I also worked on putting together 2 photo videos that were pictures throughout her life and put them on DVD that was pretty time consuming. I think they came out nice. I will try and upload them during the week for you to see. Overall though the party was a hit. I was happy that I could help out. It made me feel good to help and it got my mind off being sick by giving me something else to focus on.

Oh and some great news...my cousin Ronnie is also officially home from Iraq. He was released on Saturday after a ceremony. He got many medals to be proud of.

I have also had my share of health problems this week as well. I found out that I am allergic to prednisone. I had another episode of my throat closing up and my skin turning beat red like a sunburn. I can handle the sunburn rash but the throat closing up was pretty scary. The doctor said it was the prednisone I have been taking. So what was supposed to help me by opening up my bronchial tubes is hurting me. Double edge sword I'd say. I sure hope when I have a bad attack again, that they have something to do the job that the prednisone can do.

Sunday, was finally my day to relax. Well it started off that way. Then I got a phone call from my mom that my cousin Tommy had a massive heart attack. I was so shocked. He was supposed to of come to the party the day before but ended up not coming because he and his wife had not been feeling to good. He was rushed to the hospital and then transferred to another hospital that was better equipped to handle his condition. Well while there they did a brain scan to see if he had damage to his brain because he was without oxygen for so long. Unfortunately it didn't come back good at all. It was devastating news for everyone. There was very minimal brain activity at all. He had also been posturing and having seizures since yesterday. Medication not helping too much at all. We also found out because of the severe brain damage that he would never be able to breathe on his own ever again even if he did pull through. He would never be the same man he once was. He is only 46 years old. His wife is 36 and has also been battling MS for years. He also has a young son who is just 10 years old. Please keep them in your prayers. I just pray that God gives the family the strength to get through this hard time and for Tommy not to suffer. I will keep you updated as to what happens over the next few days. I am afraid though it doesn't look good.

Today, Alan and I got the kids off to school and then went to IHOP for breakfast. It was nice to spend some quite time without the kids. Alan then had to go to work and I went home and did some paperwork that I needed to get caught up on. Tomorrow I have alot of cleaning to do that I have been neglecting plus finally getting the Christmas tree down. Alan is off tomorrow so he is going to help me.

So that's about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well. I will be around to say "Hello" soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave me your comments below or just say "Hi" so I know you have visited and I can return the gesture! :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails